Dollar-for-dollar, when it comes to marketing, nothing gives you a better return on investment than direct mail — regardless of the product or service you sell.
Think about it. A sales letter is like the most valuable employee you could ever hire. Day after day, it delivers your best sales message perfectly — every time.
It never calls in sick. Never takes a day off. And it never quits on you. Really, a powerful sales letter is like having a little oil well in your backyard, pumping out new prospects and customers for you, day and night.
BUT, in order to make direct mail work for you, you’ll need to get a lot of things right, such as:
- Developing the right strategy
- Selecting responsive mailing lists
- Writing copy that sells
- Making sure your mail file is processed correctly, and of course . . .
- Tracking the details of the campaign so you know exactly what works and what doesn’t!
Simpson Direct offers 5 services that can help you make direct mail a HUGE success for your business.
We work with a select group of private clients to help them acquire new leads, convert leads into customers, and develop backend customer retention paths to keep them coming back.
Private Client | New Campaigns
Direct mail can target your prospects better than ANY other advertising medium. It allows you to aim your message directly at specific groups of buyers who fit the profile of your current and past customers. When direct mail is done right, you’ll see lucrative results on any size mailing – from a few hundred pieces to over a million.
Whether you want to increase the profitability of your current mailings, or if this is your first venture into direct mail marketing, Simpson Direct will bring the experience to make sure it’s done right. We send more than 250 mailings every year, so we know exactly what works and what doesn’t.
Here’s what we can do for you:
- Develop your ideal strategy, based on 20 years of direct-mail experience.
- Analyze your past and current marketing efforts, to best capture low-hanging fruit. What’s working? What’s not?
- Eliminate headaches by selecting and managing any vendors needed: copywriter, graphic designer, mailing-list broker, printer, and/or mail processor.
- Analyze mailing lists and models to make sure we mail only to the best names.
- Make sure we mail only to “clean” names by handling merge/purge and data hygiene.
- Save you money by negotiating volume pricing on printing and getting you all available discounts on postage.
- Maximize profits by tracking your campaign to determine exactly which lists and which versions of your sales piece worked best.
- Fully exploit your successes by rolling out new campaigns based on our initial results.
Private Client | Backend Marketing
Fact: The easiest sale to make is to an existing customer. Are you overlooking this vast source of untapped revenue?
Simpson Direct will help you build a new profit center in your business by selling more to your existing customers and building lifetime value.
Here’s what we’ll do for you:
- Develop the best backend strategy for your business, based on our experience selling more than $100 million for our private clients.
- Set you up for success by determining the right products or services to promote and using them to develop a Customer Retention Path.
- Pinpoint your best audience by segmenting and selecting the names for each backend campaign.
- Eliminate headaches by selecting and managing any vendors needed: copywriter, graphic designer, printer, and/or mail processor.
- Save you money by negotiating volume pricing on printing.
- Save you still more money by finding every available discount on postage.
- Maximize profits by tracking your campaign to determine which segment(s) of your customer list worked best, so we can run with your winners.
Direct-Mail Monthly Coaching
Nobody ever said that Direct Mail Marketing is easy. To be successful at it you need a great plan, targeted list, an eye for effective copy, and the right methodology.
If you would like someone to look over your marketing and give feedback on how to optimize your Direct Mail Program, then I’m ready to help you!
As your coach, you and I will have a private, one-hour phone conversation. During our time together I will look at your overall marketing strategies, discuss mailing lists, find new opportunities with your house file, and review your current sales copy. Depending on your specific needs, I’ll recommend new marketing channels, or show you how to improve on what you’re already doing. I will fully-customize our consultations to pinpoint the areas where you need the most assistance.
I’ve sent out Thousands of campaigns so I have a wealth of experience and knowledge that you get to tap into. Give me a call or e-mail today to see if a coaching session is right for you! Call: 541-956-2160 or e-mail: Craig@Simpson-Direct.com
Boost Your Business – Or Turn It Around! – With a One-On-One Consultation
I know you’re busy running your business. And marketing may not be your first priority. So it’s tempting to settle into standard advertising procedures that don’t take much attention on your part.
Everything grows and changes, including your business, your promotional opportunities, and what your competition is doing. You must constantly assess and revise your sales material and programs to appeal to new prospects, build customer lifetime value, and maximize your profitability.
And that’s where I come in. I offer a full-day private consultation. Together we’ll pore over everything you’re doing. I will delve into your current marketing program and ask all the right questions. I’ll identify areas where you can improve your methods for better results, and suggest whole new areas of opportunity you may have never considered.
My one-day consulting sessions can be in your office or mine.
My schedule only has room for a limited number of One-Day Consultations, and spots go quickly. If you’re interested, contact me at 541-956-2160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Speaking Events
Craig offers seminars on all aspects of direct mail. He can give you a complete overview of how direct mail works, or he can focus on specific areas that you want to learn more about.
Here are just a few of the topics he normally covers:
- How to make a profit in direct mail
- What’s currently working in direct mail
- Planning a direct mail campaign
- Typical response rates you can expect
- How to select a copywriter
- What to look for in a direct response designer
- Mailing Lists – How to select the right ones
- Testing – How to segment your mailing list properly
- Finding the right printer and mailing facility for your campaign
- Postal Service Discounts – How to save the most money on postage
- Tracking – How to track your campaign to learn as much as possible from the results to improve future mailings
If you’d like, we can tailor our presentation to cover your specific needs.